The product, prepared in advance and heated to a temperature of 73-90ºC, is fed into the drying chamber through a spray nozzle by a high-pressure pump, which allows to obtain a homogeneous, evenly distributed “mist” containing product particles.
At the same time, air heated to a temperature of 170ºC to 190ºC is supplied. After being filtered and heated, the air is conveyed to the distributor, which is located at the top of the tower. The hot air flows uniformly into the drying chamber along a spiral descending path. Simultaneously with the flow of hot air coming from above, a flow of hot air also comes from below. During the short contact time with the hot air, the original product can be dried to the final product. The product is discharged through cyclones. The final product passes through a cyclone, in which a fine filter is located. This equipment separates the steam from the final product and enters the wet scrubber. The final air purification takes place in the wet scrubber. The product enters the cyclone with a bag filter, in which dry particles are lowered by centrifugal force to the bottom of the cyclone and through a sluice channel enter the hopper for product collection, or via a pneumatic conveying line for further transportation. In turn, the steam passes through a bag filter, enters the wet scrubber and passes through a layer of atomizing water droplets, so that the powder residue settles with the water and the purified air escapes into the atmosphere.
The product sprayed in this way is dried, then removed from the chamber and conveyed to the filling plant.
This equipment removes any residual moisture from the product. The end result is a loose, soluble powder with a moisture content of 6-9%.
– Product – milk, whey, protein product, amino acids, proteins, yeast, polymers and this is not a complete list of products that can actively secrete distillate and convert to dry bulk state under the influence of elaborate and calculated technologies.
– Solids content: 35 to 45%
– Evaporation capacity (depending on model): 7 to 10 l/h (or 20-25 l/h, or 40-50 l/h)
– Heating method: Heating chamber, with electrodes or 200ºC steam, with gas burner.
– Inlet air temperature: 170ºC to 190ºC, possibly up to 230ºC.
– Outlet air temperature: 90 – 105 ºC
– Atomisation method: Product is atomised by a high-pressure pump, through a spray nozzle.
– Dust collection: Under spraying tower + cyclone
– Dust collection method: Cyclone + wet scrubber
– Material of manufacture: product contacting part in stainless steel.